Responsive website design is all about ensuring your website resizes and displays correctly across all devices including desktop, mobile & tablets. This includes items such as font size, image size, videos and orientation.
The key benefits of responsive designs are:
- One website - You have one site that works across all devices, not dedicated sites for mobile devices.
- Better user experience - Users are able to access the same website on their desktop and mobile devices and have a consistent expeience.
- Helps SEO Rankings - Google loves responsive websites that offer a great user experience.
Google has openly published that it has started rolling out a "mobile-first" algorithm prioritising mobile friently websites which is even more prevalent when searching on mobile devices.
When creating a responsive design we look at important elements that improve the user experience such as;
- Navigation - How best to present this in the space available and user interaction covering both mouse interaction and touch screen devices.
- Images - Providing scalable images that adjust to the space available on screen and improve loading times over slower connections.
- Content - Scaling back content to focus on the core services and products making the most use of the screen area.